Monday, November 25, 2013

Meet Tara West from Little Minds at Work


Hey there!  It's me, Tara West ie. "the new girl!"  I blog over at {Little Minds at Work}.  I was beyond excited and grateful to join this group of awesome bloggers!

I wanted to take a few minutes to share a little about myself and to share a couple of great freebies with you as well!

Anyway, you most likely know me best by the photo below!  It is my profile picture over at {Teachers Pay Teachers}.  


I was born, raised, and still live in small Sedalia, Missouri!  I am 26 years old and  having a late August birthday...I usually celebrate my birthday completely exhausted from the exiting back to school week! I married my husband, Jedidiah, on March 15, 2008! We have yet to be blessed with children, but we will patiently wait on God's perfect timing!



My husband and I in Las Vegas!

I am completely in love with my two beautiful nieces- Lolah and Vaida!  We make it our mission to go and visit them each and every day. They are full of life and always make me laugh and smile all at once!


Lolah


Vaida


I also admire and have so much respect for my mom!  I lost my dad to a heart condition when I was a Junior in high school.  My mom has been so strong and supportive of my sister and I.  Even though there are days I miss my dad like crazy I know he is  so proud of my sister and I. Speak of my sister, she aslo teaches Kindergarten with me- right down the hall.


my mom and I at my wedding.

I also LOVE the beach or anywhere warm! :)

Destin, Florida

Now a few random facts {the good and the bad habits too!}
-I LOVE music!  I am a walking Jukebox...start a song and I will sing away!  I know the 70's, 80's, 90's, rap, country, classic rock, jazz...oh yeah I got it covered! :)



-I also LOVE sunflower seeds.  I've been nicknamed the "squirrel" if that tells you anything!



-I smile WAY more than an average person...at least I think ;)



-When I was little my parents raised Boxer dogs.  My sister and I would name them all, play in the dog house with them, and use them as our kids when we would play house! It was always heart breaking to give them to their new owners.

-I have bad habit of drinking diet pop!  I currently only drink non caffeinated, but it's still bad! LOL Also, I wouldn't be fibbing telling you that when I limit myself to one a day..I drink it for breakfast! HA!
-I'm 5ft.  tall.

-I recently purchased my first non-Kmart purse.  I'm super pumped to have made this big move!  My husband was the one that actually encouraged me to buy it...a sign?? :)



-I am an extremely nervous person at times.  This has gotten better as I have aged, but it's still there!  When I was about 6 "Santa" came to my house Christmas Eve...I was so nervous and upset that I didn't go outside to the see the reindeer that I made my self sick!


- I also have a bad habit of switching cars...a lot! My dear husband just rolls with it, but he thinks I'm crazy.  I'm IN LOVE with my current SUV so it isn't going anywhere!



-I walk REALLY fast!  A lot of people don't understand how such a short person can walk so fast. I guess I just take small steps! My sister also thinks it's crazy that I walk the 5 mph setting on the treadmill.  I thought this was completely normal?

-I have a HUGE heart!  My heart breaks when I hear any kind of sad story.  My throat gets a big lump and I really just want to cry it out!



That's about all I can think of right now.....but I'm sure there are a few more ;)




My teaching partner and I- Read Across America day!

I love my family, my friends, my career, and the amazing relationships I've made through blogging!  Ever have a question, please feel free to email me at taradc87@hotmail.com

Below are a couple of awesome freebies that will be perfect for your busy December!



Below is a quick and easy Christmas beginning sound sort.  Students will sort pictures cards to the /S/anta board or the /E/ lf board.  Students can then record their answers on the corresponding recording sheet.


Click the picture below to grab these freebie!



The second freebie is my Christmas fluency review packet!  I send this home with my students over Christmas break because we benchmark test soon after we return from break.
This packet covers LNF, LSF, NWF, and PSF.
Click the picture below to grab these freebie!



Be sure to also head over to my blog below and follow me for upcoming freebies & more!




Tara West





0 comments:

Post a Comment